BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) - Gregory-Crinum Mine Visualisation
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA)
Gregory-Crinum Mine Visualisation
In 2011, BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) initiated a project to provide large screens around their Gregory-Crinum Mine site to show mining operations from coal face to train load out. The screens have the ability to indicate whether each part of the operation is functioning or not and are able to provide "drill down" feature to the source of the problem if they are not functioning.
A 3D map of the mine and equipment was created with access to the existing CitectSCADA v7.2. The 3D environment is user driven and navigable, with the following features:
- Overview of mine surface and equipment locations
- Underground view of long wall cutthroughs and miners
- Equipment status billboards with direct access to Citect tag output
- Citect driven longwall positioning
- User applied service and belt retractions positioning system
- Automated scene flyover for foyer display
- Introduction to the mine and its operations/layout for new employees and visitors.
- Quick identification of equipment failures.
- Indication of operational progress
- ControlLogix PLCs
- Citect SCADA
- Citect metaserver
- Unity3D Scene